Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam has recently released two employment notifications for the recruitment of 1526 Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) Vacancy in different Government and Provincialized Secondary Schools under the Secondary Education Department, Govt. of Assam. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online here. DSC Assam Recruitment Notification will be released on 27 December 2023. DSC Assam Recruitment and the notification details below.
Assam DSC Recruitment 2024 Overview
|Name of Organization
|Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE)
|Name of Post
|Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
|Number of Vacancies
|Notification Released Date
|27 December 2023
|Application Starting Date
|Last of Application
DSC Assam Recruitment Vacancy Details
|Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
Eligibility Criteria of Assam DSC Recruitment 2024
A candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 38 years as on 1st January, 2023.
Category wise upper age relaxation is followed below
The applicant must be a Post Graduate in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from a recognized University and should possess a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) qualification from an institution recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education. Degrees obtained in off-campus and distance education mode shall not be considered valid.
Small Family Norms: No person having more than two living children on or after 01.01.2021 from a single or multiple partners shall be eligible for appointment as per the Govt. policy on Small Family Norms.
Teachers Eligibility Test cum Recruitment Test: The candidate shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test cum Recruitment Test to be notified in due course of time.
Medium of Instruction: In addition to the academic and professional qualifications, the applicant must satisfy the following criteria;
(1) In the case of Assamese Medium School, the applicant must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with Assamese language as one of the subjects or have a diploma in Assamese Language issued by the Assam Sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese Medium School.
(2) In the case of Bengali Medium School, the applicant must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with the Bengali language as one of the subjects or have a Diploma in Bengali issued by the Barak Upatyaka Bangya Sahitya O Sanskriti Sammelan or read up to HSLC level in Bengali Medium School.
(3) In case of Hindi Medium School, the applicant must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with Hindi language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Hindi Medium School.
(4) In case of Bodo Medium School, the applicant must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with Bodo language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Bodo Medium School.
(5) In case of English Medium Schools, the applicant must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination with alternative English as one of the subjects or read from Class XI onwards in English Medium School
Provided that for recruitment of teachers for teaching MIL subjects the candidate who passed HSLC Examination with particular MIL Subject shall be considered.
Physical fitness: The applicant for the post of Graduate teacher shall be:-
i. of sound health both mentally and physically and free from any organic defect or bodily infirmity which is likely to interfere in the efficient performance of his duties; and
ii. required to undergo medical examination before appointment to the service.
How to Apply for Assam DSC Recruitment
who are Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these posts by visiting the official recruitment portal of the Assam DSC Recruitment They may follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Scroll down, and go to the Important Web-Links section.
- Click on the Online application form and complete the registration process by clicking “New Registration”.
- In the next stage, click on “Online Application Form” Link and Login
- Enter all your personal and educational details as required .
- Upload your necessary Documents and Click on Submit button
- Download a Copy of the application from and take a Printout
Important Required Documents for Assam DSC Recruitment
# Passport Size Colour Photograph.
# HSLC Mark sheet and Admit Card (Age Proof).
# HSSLC Mark-sheet and Certificate.
# Mark sheet and Certificate of Bachelor Degree.
# Marksheet and Certificate of Post Graduate Degree.
# Any other mark-sheet and certificate of higher education.
# B.Ed. / Parangat Mark sheet (1st Year & 2nd Year) and Certificate.
# Caste Certificate (in case of SC/ ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC).
# Candidates with disabilities will have to enclose certificates of disabilities issued by Govt. authority.
# Scanned Signature. # Certificate of Ex-servicemen issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board.
Selection Process of Assam DSC Recruitment
DSE Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment 2024 selection process will be based on Teachers Eligibility Test cum Recruitment Test. Assam PGT Recruitment 2024 exam will be held for 140 marks including Pedagogy – 50 marks; About Assam and its people – 50 marks, General English – 30 marks and General Studies and Current Affairs – 10 marks. Assam PGT Recruitment 2024 exam merit list will be published on DSE official website after clearing.
Important Date of Assam DSC Recruitment
# DSC Recruitment Notification Released Date: 27 December 2023
# Starting date of online application submission: Notified soon
# Last date of online application submission: Notified soon
Important Weblink For Assam DSC Recruitment
FAQs of Assam DSC Recruitment
How many vacancies are there under Assam DSC Recruitment?
There are minimum 1424 vacancies under Assam DSC Recruitment.
What is the Official Advertisement release date for Assam DSC recruitment?
The Official Advertisement release date for Assam DSC recruitment is 27 December 2023.
What is a Official website for Assam DSC recruitment?
The Official website is a madhyamik.assam.gov.in